Gestures Go a Long Way!!

Small gestures indeed go a long way. Recalling an incident from my newly married days, makes me fall in love with my DH again and again. It brings a broad smile on my face and I feel that the Dil ki Deal I made 5 years ago was the best after all. Among the several matches that my parents had sought for me, i chose my DH over everyone else. My heart took this decision of selecting my DH as my spouse, my soulmate. The incident i am going to narrate now always makes me feel that the DilKiDeal with my DH was indeed the right one!

We were newly married and were just settling in our new home. The house was not set up. The furniture and electronics were not set. Things were lying here and there. We had just returned from our honeymoon and I did not want to work. We were still basking in the honeymoon mood. We did not want to get to work and fix things as we were tired too. To top it all, there were dirty clothes strewn all around the house. Not to forget the fashion parade of wearing new clothes every day at our honeymoon, had only added to this pile! We did not have a maid even as we were new to the locality. We had to still figure out many things.

Now, there was this herculean task of washing clothes, which I had never done in my spinster days. There was always mom to take care of all this. I so missed her. However, I had no time to brood; I had to just think of a solution to solve this problem. I did not want to trouble DH, although he would have complied lovingly. The washing machine was standing there in the corner of the living room. We hadn’t even opened the packaging. So, unpacking it and calling the plumber and servicemen would take another two days. Not a good idea! I wanted to wash at least a pair or two of clothes immediately for use.

Finally, with a heavy heart I washed a pair of clothes, and my DH happened to see me doing that. He was not quite pleased with it, and offered to help, which I plainly refused. He tried convincing me to get it dry cleaned, to which I refused again. I was almost done with washing.

The next day I went to office and DH said he had a meeting and would go late to office. I left without him. As usual, I came back home in the evening and found my DH at home with toolbox and other things around. He had a bruise in his hand which he was trying to hide after seeing me. I was worried and asked if everything was alright. He assured me that everything is fine. I could see screws and other things on the floor and got perplexed. I went a little further and saw something and a silent tear escaped my eyes.

I saw that the washing machine was fixed and ready for use. For doing this, my DH had skipped office and he wanted to make sure that i dont do any more of washing, and wanted to get this fixed today. Since the servicemen refused to come that day, DH himself had fixed it. Even though he was not a pro at it, he had managed it successfully, just for my sake. Tears rolled down my cheeks, and I felt like heaven. Even though it was just a small gesture for him, it meant a lot to me. It meant the world to me. It meant that my life was secured with a person who would go the extra mile to care for me. That day I realized that indeed my Dil ki Deal with DH,was a blessing in my life.


“I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

Comments